Thursday, September 4, 2008

The XHTML/CSS Learning Experiences

Knowledge: Freshman ITA Summer

Make a website about my hero? Who is my hero? Being asked to make a website is hard enough, and yet picking out a historical hero... all i want to do is play games in lab. Heck I don't even know what this Information Technology Academy is all about. 7 hours in front of this computer, surfing the internet and searching for games... this was my ITA days.

My hero... Bruce Lee. "Bruce Lee is my hero, because he kicks butt and I like his movies." That was my historical reason for why Bruce Lee is my hero. Yeah, when I showed it to Bob, one of three ITA instructors, Maddy and Greg are the other two, he gave me the look and said "how about choosing someone else." I responded "I don't know? I don't know who to pick," this translating to 'I don't wanna work, tell me what I need to do.' I ended up sticking with Bruce Lee but changed it to "Bruce Lee is my hero, because he was the first chinese martical artest to expand their teachings to people ouside of their culture."

HTML, the most basic web language, is what we use to make websites. I don't know, something about using opening and cloesing tags to display text. All I understand is making my Bruce Lee picture in Fireworks and setting that to be the banner of my page to show what this website is all about. A layout? the banner on top, navigations bar to the left and all my other information in the middle of the page, thats what Bob told us to make.

All this website stuff is too much work, too much typing... I still hunt and pluck at the key board. Maybe ill start working again, right after this game of tribes.

1 comment:

A.J. said...

Chou,

Can you add a screenshot of this first website of Bruce Lee? Or do you not have it anymore?

Great story so far! I don't know how many times the students have acted that way.